BORACOL 20 - 2 is a wood preservative which is fungicidal and insecticidal in its preventative action and fungicidal when used as an eradicant.
BORACOL 20 - 2 is a clear solution of 20% Disodium octaborate tetrahydrate in propylene glycol. It is designed for use as a surface treatment in-situ building material to eradicate fungal attack and preserve against attack from both fungus and wood boring insects. It penetrates 3 - 5mm into the wood and establishes a reserve from where further penetration takes place (40mm in 2 years has been demonstrated).
Shelf life is 6 - 12 months in cool, dry conditions.
We ship Boracol 20-2 across Canada. Please call us at 1-877-383-2671 for bulk discounts!
- Very low mammalian toxicity
- Very low vapour pressure (Negligible loss of active ingredient by evaporation)
- Deep penetration into timber; even penetrates heartwood
- Practically odourless and non-staining
- Wider spectrum of activity than conventional preservatives.
As a surface treatment to eradicate dry rot, wet rot and white rot in-situ building material. As a surface treatment to preserve existing and new timbers against fungal and insect attack
BORACOL 20 - 2 may be applied by brushing, dipping, spraying to refusal, or by injection.
- Rough sawn timber (brush): 1 litre to approx 3 m^2 surface
- Smooth prepared timber (brush): 1 litre to approx 3 - 4m^2 surface
- By spray (either surface): 1 litre to approx 3 - 4m^2 surface