Self-Adhered, Breathable Building Wrap
VYCOR® enV-S™ represents the next generation of weather resistive barriers and is designed to provide superior weather protection, and improved energy performance. The membrane brings together the weather protection benefits of a self-adhered membrane, with the breathability of traditional housewraps. The unique adhesive coating bonds strongly to the sheathing, but remains vapor permeable. VYCOR® enV-S™ resists damage in windy conditions, leading to less rework and a high quality appearance.
Unlike conventional building wraps, installation of VYCOR® enV-S™ weather resistive barrier requires no mechanical fastening or taping of seams. The membrane bonds to the sheathing, self seals at overlaps, and seals around fasteners used to install siding and other wall elements. This results in exceptionally low levels of air leakage, and improved energy efficiency of the building.
- Fully adhered—installation requires no mechanical fasteners or taping of seams
Water resistant—forms a fully adhered barrier against
wind driven rain
- Vapor permeable—“breathable” membrane prevents moisture from becoming trapped in the wall cavity and provides walls the ability to dry
- Air resistive—greatly reduces air leakage and helps improve building energy efficiency
- Strong adhesion—to unprimed plywood and oriented strandboard (OSB).
- Controlled thickness—factory made sheet ensures consistent, non-variable site application
- Lightweight—allows for easy handling and installation
- Installation flexibility—may be exposed up to 90 days
- System solution—when used in combination with VYCOR® Flashings