The Original Mortar Dropping Collection Device
In masonry cavity walls, mortar collection above the flashing and weep hole levels is vital for proper masonry cavity wall performance and to also prevent water damage.
It’s now common to see a 2” cavity reduced to the minimum requirement of 1” with the inclusion of insulation, so the need for better ventilation is even more important to keep the wall dry and trouble-free.
MortarNet™ with Insect Barrier™ suspends mortar droppings above the flashing and weeps, so they stay clear and unobstructed. The patented Insect Barrier helps deter insects from entering the cavity through the weep holes. Its NEW design using a structural strand polymer mesh allows moisture to flow to the weeps and significantly greater airflow within the cavity which promotes drying.
Nearly 25 years in the industry. Over 100 Million feet installed. Not a single wall failure with MortarNet.
- Dual levels
- Trapezoidal shape
- Structural strand polymer mesh
- Patented Insect Barrier
- Made from 40% post-consumer recycled content
- Compressible to allow for variations in cavity width
- Breaks up and suspends mortar droppings above the flashing on two levels so weeps stay open
- Open weave mesh construction provides hundreds of pathways for moisture to exit the cavity
- Insect Barrier helps prevent wall damage and health hazards from insect infestations
- Is very permeable to air, water and water vapor due to the low fiber density of the non-woven structure
- Helps prevent efflorescence and damage from freeze-thaw cycles
- Easy to transport, handle and cut, even on scaffolding
- Installs easily on brick ties in multi-story cavity walls
- Will not degrade, oxidize or react with common building materials
- Recycled content helps with LEED certification
- Helps eliminate callbacks to repair moisture damage
- Provides masons and building owners with greater peace of mind
Please note: Weep holes must be used with MortarNet to allow effective moisture drainage and wall drying.