Premium performance underlayment, protecting roofs since 1978
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD self-adhered roofing underlayment is a premier membrane composed of two waterproofing materials—an aggressive rubberized asphalt adhesive backed by a layer of slip resistant coated high density cross laminated polyethylene film.
The rubberized asphalt surface is backed with a foldless release paper that protects its adhesive quality. During application, the release paper is easily removed, allowing the rubberized asphalt to bond tightly to the roof deck. The Ripcord embedded in the adhesive provides the applicator a “split release on demand” feature.
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD has protected the roofs of over 2 million homes, and been installed on marquee projects in 25 countries, since its introduction in 1978. This high performance solution provides superior performance at an excellent value.
- Seals around fasteners — The rubberized asphalt layer in GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD membrane seals around fasteners, resisting leakage caused by water back-up behind ice dams, or from winddriven rain.
- Superior Adhesion to the Deck — The self-adhesive membrane bonds firmly to the roof deck without need for heat or special adhesives.
- Watertight Laps — Membrane easily forms water-tight overlaps without special treatment.
- Protects under all standard sloped roof coverings — GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD roofing underlayment protects under slate, tile, cedar shakes or metal, as well as under conventional asphalt shingles.
- Proven track record — GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD roofing underlayment is the name brand in roofing underlayments with a track record of more than 35 years protecting roofs from ice dams and wind-driven rain.
- Ripcord — Split Release on demand feature makes GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD underlayment easier to apply. Faster application of the membrane in the straight-aways, as well as ease of membrane positioning in detail areas (valleys, around dormers, etc.).
- Slip resistant surface — GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD self-adhered membrane has a slip resistant embossed surface to maximize traction and safety for applicators.