Grace Ice & Water Shield® HT high temperature self-adhered roofing underlayment is a premier membrane designed to deliver premium in-place performance for high temperature applications. It is composed of two waterproofing materials—an innovative and proprietary rubberized asphalt adhesive combined with a high performance polymeric film with UV barrier properties. The rubberized asphalt surface is backed with a foldless release paper that protects its adhesive quality. During application, the release paper is easily removed, allowing the rubberized asphalt to bond tightly to the roof deck. The Ripcord® embedded in the adhesive provides the applicator a “split release on demand” feature, making it easier to apply in detail areas.
- High temperature resistance — Designed to withstand high temperature applications, up to 260°F (127°C).
- Seals around fasteners — The rubberized asphalt layer in Grace Ice & Water Shield® HT membrane seals around roofing nails and other fasteners, resisting leakage caused by water back-up behind ice dams or wind-driven rain.
- Superior adhesion — The self-adhered membrane bonds firmly to the roof deck without supplemental heat or special adhesives.
- Extended exposure — Can be left exposed for up to 120 days before installing final roof covering
- Watertight laps — Membrane easily forms water-tight overlaps without special treatment.
- Protects under all standard sloped roof coverings — Grace Ice & Water Shield® HT underlayment protects under standing seam metal, slate, tile, cedar shakes, metal and conventional asphalt shingles.
- Slip resistant surface — Grace Ice & Water Shield® HT underlayment has a slip resistant embossed surface to maximize traction and improve safety.
- Ripcord — Split Release on demand feature makes Grace Ice & Water Shield® HT underlayment easier to apply. Faster application of the membrane in the straight-aways, as well as ease of membrane positioning in detail areas (valleys, around dormers, etc.).
- Membrane will not crack, dry out or rot — Grace Ice & Water Shield® HT membrane resists attacks from fungus and bacteria; maintains its integrity for long lasting protection.
- Local technical support — Grace Ice & Water Shield® HT roofing underlayment is backed by a team of local technical support personnel that help ensure every application goes smoothly.