"Silicone Tough" latex sealant that offers outstanding exterior performance against the elements. Developed for flexibility and crack proof performance, this sealant endures expansion and contraction without cracking or losing its seal.
DAP® DYNAFLEX 230® is a premium elastomeric latex sealant with silicone-like toughness. It combines outstanding durability, adhesion and flexibility with easy tooling, paintability, low odor & water clean-up. It is highly flexible to handle joint movement caused by variations in temperature and humidity without cracking. It provides a long-lasting, durable seal that is 100% waterproof and weatherproof. Ideal for sealing air leaks around windows, doors, siding, trim and baseboards to improve the energy efficiency of a home and reduce utility costs. Cured sealant is mold and mildew resistant. Lifetime Guarantee. Meets ASTM Specification C920, Class 25. VOC compliant. Interior/exterior use.
Features and Benefits
- Interior/exterior use
- Silicone tough w/ superior flexibility & crackproof performance
- Paint ready in 2 hours
- 100% waterproof & weatherproof seal
- Exceeds ASTM C920, Class 25
- Lifetime warranty
- Seals joints up to 2" wide
- Easy water clean-up
- Low odor
- Caulking and Sealing (windows, doors, siding, trim, molding pipes, vents, other gaps and cracks)
- Adhesion (wood, aluminum, most metals, vinyl, plaster, drywall, glass, fiber cement, stucco, PVC trimboard)
For Best Results
- Apply in temperatures above 40F.
- Do not apply when rain or freezing temperatures are forecasted within 24 hours.
- Cooler temperatures and higher humidity will slow down dry time.
- Not for continuous underwater use or filling surface defects.
- Joint size should not exceed 2" wide x 1/2" deep.
- If joint depth exceeds 1/2", use backer rod material.
- Store sealant away from extreme heat or cold.
How long is the shelf life on this product?
A minimum of 12 months from the date of production in an unopened tube
Can I use this in a shower?
No. The product is not applicable for use in a bath or shower.
Is this a paintable silicone caulk?
No, DYNAFLEX 230 is a latex base caulk that performs to many of the same standards as a silicone sealant
Is there any silicone in this caulk?
No, there is no silicone in DYNAFLEX 230.
Why offer a sealant designed for windows, doors & trim?
Windows, doors and trim are among the top applications for sealant for both Pros and DIYers. Many times consumers choose acetoxy silicone technology for exterior applications on these projects, however DYNAFLEX 230® meets performance standards of acetoxy silicone with the added benefits of being paintable, low odor, easy to tool and easy to clean up with soap and water. It is engineered with increased elongation by 33% to deliver increased toughness for outstanding performance against the elements.
What does “Silicone Tough” mean?
Based on laboratory testing, DYNAFLEX 230® delivers the performance characteristics of acetoxy silicone, but with all of the advantages of a latex sealant (paintable, low odor, easy to tool and easy to clean up with soap and water). Beyond meeting the ASTM C920 Class 25 test standard (demonstrating over 50% total joint movement in extreme temperatures), the DYNAFLEX 230® also meets the same stress/strain tests as acetoxy silicone.
What is “Composite” molding and why is it important?
The term “composite” is a term used to describe synthetic building materials (including polystyrene, MDF and others). The synthetic building materials market is a $3 billion industry and is growing quickly, especially with molding and trim. Usage of composite and PVC trimboard has become common, and few sealants are able to claim compatibility with this category of materials.