A Noise Control Mat
Quiet Qurl® 025 is a nominal 0.25-inch, random-filament, corrugated, “U”-groove core sound control mat designed to limit impact noise between floors. This mat absorbs noise when sandwiched in a mass-spring-mass building design.
Produced from an extruded polymer matrix of tangled monofilaments, which are heat welded at the junctions, Quiet Qurl is a resilient structure that absorbs noise when sandwiched in a mass-spring-mass building design.
Designed for critical applications in which gypsum concrete will be utilized, Quiet Qurl 025 prevents liquid moisture from passing through to the substrate – an essential quality for wood frame construction.
Quiet Qurl 025, a Class A fire-rated product, allows moisture to continue to evaporate from the bottom side of the topping pour, but prevents trapped moisture, since it continues to allow moisture vapor to pass through.
When used in conjunction with 1.0-inch (2.54-cm) gypsum concrete, the combined system can achieve a “LIGHT COMMERCIAL” rating from the Tile Council of America.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Excellent performance at reducing sound in mid and high frequencies
- A very good result and one that no other company will have
- Performance in wood frame construction and concrete structures
- Minimal deflection, and no creep or long-term degradation
- Provides a thin profile for tight construction assemblies
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Multi-family construction: apartments and condominiums
- When a resilient ceiling is installed
- Radiant-heated flooring when pumped with lightweight concrete or gypsum
- With hard surfaces: concrete, stone, tile, vinyl and hardwood
- With topping layers, such as gypsum concretes, lightweight concrete, mortar beds and plywood
- With many types of subfloors