Sheetrock® Brand UltraLight Panels Firecode® X (UL Type ULIX) are the industry's first and lightest Type X gypsum panel. These panels have been formulated to achieve all of the strength and performance characteristics as standard 15.9 mm (5/8 in.) Sheetrock® Brand Firecode® Type X Gypsum Panels at a significantly reduced weight. The panels are cUL Classified for fire resistance and can be used in the most widely specified UL fire-resistance-rated wall, column, floor-ceiling and roof-ceiling assemblies where Type X or Type C panels are required.
The long edges of the panels are tapered, allowing joints to be reinforced and concealed with CGC Sheetrock® or Synko® Brand joint treatment systems. On the face along the long edge of each panel, the UL Type Designation, ULIX, is printed for easy identification by building inspectors.
- Innovative engineered composite design makes Sheetrock® Brand UltraLight Panels Firecode® X the lightest Type X wallboard available in the industry
- Offers comparable sound, strength, sag and impact resistance to standard 15.9 mm (5/8 in.) Type X gypsum wallboard
- Listed by UL in the most widely specified wall, column, floor-ceiling and roof-ceiling assemblies (refer to specific UL designs for complete details)
- Comply with ASTM C1396, Standard Specification for Gypsum Board, for 5/8 in. (15.9 mm) and Type X gypsum wallboard
- Type ULIX is also available in 1372 mm (54 in.) wide panels perfect for 9-foot ceilings and reducing overall number of joints to finish
- Approved by UL for use in fire-rated partitions when installed horizontally with aligned tapered edges
- cUL Classification as to fire resistance, surface-burning characteristics and noncombustibility (CAN/ULC-S114)
- Achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification and qualifies as a low VOC emitting material (meets CA 01350)